To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.0 or greater is installed.
Success F ie s ta
Some of our favorite, haziest parties in The Magic City
didn’t require glittering venues or lavish clubs, but
a cooler full of beer, an outdoor speaker and some
understanding neighbors. Below are some tips to make
your house party a hit.
T E X T BY RYA N JA R R E LL
1. Overstock: Miami is a metropolis recognized for its excess, and your
soiree should be no exception. Think you have enough food and booze?
Double the order.
2. Forewarn: In a city where a 9:30 p.m. dinner is considered “Early
Bird”...rest assured your fiesta might drag on. Warn your neighbors
ahead of time, or better yet, invite them over!
3. A Pig: One suckling pig. One spit. Instant success. A millennia of
parties worldwide have hinged on this one delicious ingredient.
4. Zones: Set separate areas for dancing and quiet conversation. Your
wallflower friends will be thankful.
5. No Regrets: Tia Benita’s good china has been in the family for
generations — lock it up! You’re always better safe than sorry.
6. Fantastic Plastics: While seat coverings may look gaudy, they can
save friendships. Red wine stains ruin lives.
7. Let It Go: Don’t micromanage. The best parties are often the least
planned. And any truly good friend can be guilted into helping clean-
up the next morning.
8. Tunes: No dead air, please. Whether smooth jazz, EDM or the latest
Billboard Top 20, keep the hits coming.
9. Night Owls: There’s always a few stragglers convinced the party’s
just getting started at 4 a.m. Asking them politely to leave isn’t rude;
we all have our limits!